Director, People & Culture
Location: Wayne, PA
Department: People & Culture
Reports To: Chief People Officer
Do you have the ability to partner with senior business leaders? Can you drive programs and processes while implementing change management plus develop leader and manager capability across teams? Are you a good partner with your teammates and driven to execute team commitments and individual commitments that align with the business vision? Does the idea of a high visibility and high impact role in a medium sized, growing company excite you? Are you interested in being part of a team that strives to achieve high business impact, execution excellence and has a lot of fun while we are doing it? If yes, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss as a Director of People & Culture (P&C).
In this role, you will be accountable for the successful delivery of P&C programs, processes and initiatives. This includes driving programs and processes to enhance employee and management development, leading the people and culture processes that make up the annual rhythm (performance review, promotion cycles, employee engagement surveys, etc.), partnering with leaders and management to understand hiring needs, handling employee relations and performance management and collaborating with internal enterprise-wide teams to drive the business. You’ll have the ability to influence and execute against our P&C commitments while aligning results to achieve key business goals. This is a great chance to demonstrate your talents in the areas of organization, cross-group collaboration, leadership and management capability, talent retention and attraction. You will help drive proactive solutions to business and people challenges.
• Business Partner - Understand the diverse work of our leaders and their business and people priorities. Implement systematic organization and people strategies that are aligned to the business strategy. This position is accountable for driving execution of the P&C plan for the organization.
• Talent Management - Partner with the business to identify key talent, define and utilize quality succession plans and understand capabilities needed to deliver for the future success of the business.
• Project Management - Lead the implementation of core P&C programs into the business ensuring an effective, sustainable long-term people strategy.
• Change Agent - Partner with and coach leaders and managers to facilitate organization and culture change.
• Employee Advocate - Build management capability to facilitate an open, inclusive, values-based environment that enables effective employee advocacy. Ensure role is perceived as an objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved employee relations issues.
• Coach – Provide authentic feedback and coaching to senior leaders and managers, providing both constructive and appreciative feedback on their behaviors, decisions, individual effectiveness, competencies and personal development. Through effective influence, drive change(s) in management behavior to support a culture of accountability and high performance.
• HR Expert – Proactively consults with management on P&C/HR issues by engaging in activities that produce and demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the business provides coaching to management around actions and behaviors and identify opportunities or issues where action will improve business performance. Partner with shared service centers, HR leadership and legal counsel to develop optimal actions plans. Oversee all traditional HR processes, e.g., recruiting, compensation, compliance, etc.
• Minimum of 10+ years directly applicable HR/P&C client facing experience working within a large corporate organization or similar environment.
• Experience partnering with and influencing senior leaders
• Understanding of organizational dynamics and the ability to think strategically and problem solve
• Strong interpersonal, coaching, and analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication, project and time management skills
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree in HR preferred
• Strong business acumen and people acumen, and proven ability to effectively influence business leaders at an executive level
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. Medecision is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Medecision is the leading provider of healthcare management solutions serving national, regional and local health plans, insurers and provider-based care organizations, more than 74,000 physicians, and 44 million consumers. Working within the framework that patients, care providers and health plans are all driving towards better health outcomes, Medecision and its Aerial™ solutions help connect all stakeholders to liberate the highest quality and most cost-efficient care.
As more organizations transition to value-based care, Medecision continually applies its 23 years of experience, its comprehensive technology platforms, significant investments in research and development, and the strongest clinical expertise to ensure consumers receive the best possible care. With Medecision as a business partner, health plans and care providers confidently manage through market changes, regulatory updates and new populations, while improving quality and reducing costs.
For immediate consideration please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org