Healthcare IT Consultant
Location: Wayne PA
Classification: Full Time
Department: Client Operations
Reports To: Business Services Manager & Senior Vice President of Professional Services
The key component of the Healthcare IT Consultant role is to utilize analytical, technical and organizational skills and experience to facilitate the implementation of Medecision business and systems solutions in a rapidly growing and evolving customer business environment. The Healthcare IT Consultant is the primary liaison between the business community, technology organization and external customer partners for all project requirements during the situation analysis/requirements phase of a project. This position is expected to be highly consultative in their approach with customers.
Business he or she is responsible for proactively conducting requirement workshops with all project stakeholders to elicit requirements, modeling those requirements in an organized manner, then manage and communicating those requirements throughout the project life cycle. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, he or she will address change management issues, assist in test planning, and be the Medecision focal point for customer UAT incidents.
The Healthcare IT Consultant will design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness, will track and analyze business unit trends and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the unit, will serve as the voice of the customer, and will be the functional expert on specified Medecision applications.
The Healthcare IT Consultant works directly with other project team members to identify and define the software capabilities needed to meet the requirements of the customer’s business workflows. The focus is to understand the business need and determine how to meet that need with the existing software functionality or through the use of software customization to the Medecision applications.
Technical The Healthcare IT Consultant works with internal and external customers at both a technical and non-technical level to identify system solutions and capabilities to meet business needs. The solutions are based upon the Healthcare IT Consultants knowledge of Medecision’s applications and their underlying data structures. Within the Professional Services Department the Healthcare IT Consultant works to define and write technical design specifications used by developers to write software code, and assists in knowledge and process development and technical mentoring activities.
Duties and Functions
• Lead discussions with customer stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather, document, and analyze business and functional needs and requirements using best practices and standard Medecision methodology.
• Maintain detailed understanding of Medecision’s current product functionality and end-to-end architecture/physical system design.
• Interacts with Medecision SMEs to ensure that any proposed solutions are technically feasible within the functionality of the system.
• Effectively manage customer expectations as it relates to product functionality relative to workflows/business needs.
• Provides application level and system or technical-level training (internally and externally with clients during projects)
• Write functional definitions, logical and physical system designs, flow charts and diagrams to address the needs identified by the business requirements for use by developers to code software solutions
• Responsible for the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications, including but not limited to Use Cases, Functional Workflow/Data Flow Diagrams and Process Models, for specified applications. Reviews use cases and other technical documents with technical project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
• Interact with customers on a technical level as a member of a software implementation team including travel to the customer’s location (on an as needed basis).
• Leads project team in project/product troubleshooting/issue management activities
• Maintains role in supporting custom solution testing activities (as needed).
• Facilitates customer issue status meetings (as needed)
• Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems
• Provide input and feedback on product functionality and system design to product management and development teams within Medecision during product development phases.
• Provide technical mentoring and guidance to others in the Professional Services
• Promote standard development procedures and practices within the Professional Services Departments. Works with Client Operations leadership team to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes through analysis of project team activities/trends and comparison against existing standards/best practices.
• Will manage and take full accountability for personal billable utilization rate of 70-80%.
Key Personal and Behavioral Attributes
• Ability to lead customers in a consultative manner.
• Ability to manage time across multiple projects and priorities and work within a fast-paced environment
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with a service-oriented attitude in a team environment. Includes interaction with internal staff as well as customer staff members and the ability to effectively convey computing concepts to non-technical staff.
• Must be able to speak with management and clients and present technical information in a clear, concise manner
• Ability to work within company guidelines including company policy on time entry
• Experience with Windows, Unix, and Linux Operating Systems
• Experience with Application Server technologies (Websphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat) • 1-3 years of healthcare industry experience (required);
• Health care utilization and care management (UM, CM) background/knowledge a plus
• Ability to work overtime (as needed)
• Familiarity with service oriented architectures and web services a plus
• Familiarity with Java framework technologies (i.e. Spring, Hibernate) a plus
Minimum Job Qualifications
• Minimum of 3-5 years of consulting experience within the Healthcare Industry.
• 3-5 years of working expertise with relational database management systems (including Oracle) and SQL
• 3-5 years of working expertise with Java (including Object Oriented Design, JSP, JSF), HTML, XML, XSL, CSS
• Degree (BS/BA minimum) in healthcare, nursing, business, computer science or other degree or related work experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of the healthcare/medical management business domain
• Demonstrated ability to elicit, clarify and organize requirements
• Demonstrated effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Understanding and experience with software development life cycle methodologies
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
Certifications, Professional Licenses or other Credential Any professional licensees will be considered
Click to Apply