Senior Project Manager
Location: Anaheim Hills CA
Classification: Full Time
Department: Health Delivery Solutions
Reports To: Senior Director, Healthcare Operations
The Senior Project Manager is a leader for new client installations of software. The Senior Project Manager is directly responsible for assigned project revenue and client satisfaction with the projects and project deliverables for multiple teams. Significant functions of the position include: creating, implementing and maintaining a project plan; managing the project according to the plan; coordinating and managing the work relationship with the client’s project team; building and motivating an effective project team; mentoring project managers; and assigning priorities for team members. The Senior Project Manager will manage multiple concurrent projects and teams.
The Senior Project Manager assigns work and coordinates team member activities. The team includes members from Professional Services, Development, QA, Tech Support and Product Support. Team building and team member development are Senior Project Manager Responsibilities. The Senior Project Manager interfaces with the client’s project leader, IS staff and medical management representative as needed to complete the project. The Senior Project Manager also interfaces with the Medecision Client Partner and Client Account Manager to provide project status and current issue information so that the Account Team can interface with client executives and build a high level relationship and completes turnover requirements prior to the transition of the account to the business support function.
Improvements in the standard project plan, estimating techniques, project management tools and operating procedures will be developed and implemented by the Senior Project Manager in conjunction with Health Delivery Solutions management.
Duties and Functions:
• Creates, oversees and manages the successful completion of multiple, complex project implementation plans for Medecision software
and products as measured by budget, timeliness, quality, and customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to change management protocols to keep projects in budget and scope. Achieves project profitability targets per project.
• Adheres to all protocols and SLAs related to project tracking in Changepoint.
• Assist in developing Best Practices for project management methodology. Mentor and coach other PM staff in methodology and standards.
• Completes weekly analysis of project status, including scope management, resource scheduling and budget status.
• Provides regularly scheduled project level detailed reporting as well as executive scorecard level reporting.
• Meets revenue and expense goals for assigned projects.
• Creates comprehensive statement of work content for assigned projects, ensuring scope, deliverables, assumption, risks and
resource needs are clearly defined.
• Creates reference accounts via high quality delivery of assigned projects.
• Effectively engages with decision-maker level contacts in assigned project organizations.
• Conducts ongoing meetings with the client project team.
• Conducts ongoing team meetings with Medecision staff.
• Keeps current on Managed Care Industry changes.
• Reviews project time and cost to assure ongoing project stability. This includes regular budget status reports during the project life cycle,
along with following applicable project closing processes for determining the overall project outcome from the standpoint of profitability,
schedule and customer satisfaction.
• Provides timely documentation of activity and expenses.
• Review project time and cost to assure accurate invoices.
• Provides supervisory support to other staff including clarification of priorities and tasks.
• Other work related duties as assigned.
• Up to 50% travel.
• Maintain 80% billable utilization.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with previous experience working in a provider or hospital organization, managed care organization as well as
a software development environment.
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Experience with clinical software implementations.
• Billable/consulting experience
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Project Management Certification a plus.
• 4-5 years proven project management skills.
• Knowledge of Medecision systems a plus.
• Excellent leadership, team building and supervisory skills.
• Technical aptitude a plus.
• Familiarity with Accountable Care and health insurance risk arrangements and managed care industry a plus.
• Excellent attitude and philosophy concerning providing customer service.
• Team orientation.
Click to Apply