Senior Software Architect
Location: Wayne PA
Classification: Full Time
Reports To: SVP Architecture
Medecision, Inc., a leading provider of healthcare management solutions, has an immediate opening for an Application Architect. As part of the Architecture team, the candidate will contribute to the Technology Strategy and Roadmap. When required the candidate will research and recommend new technologies/techniques/patterns and will provide sample programming/standards and best practices for their usage. The candidate will work with development teams to provide architectural guidance on projects associated with new product introduction and/or product enhancements.
• Assists in crafting and maintaining the future state technology architectural strategy and roadmap.
• Works with various programming and product groups within the company to ensure that required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features.
• Provide architectures (pattern based) for new features/functions in the company’s product suite. These architectures/designs are documented in a standard fashion.
• Assists in performance/scalability testing as required.
• Works with third party vendors to develop software and/or integrate their software into the company’s products.
• Evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company’s products. Execute Proof of Concepts to aid in selection. Create sample code and model best practice use to enable streamlined and efficient implementation.
• Guide and contribute extensively to the ongoing collection, development, review and adoption of architecture and development standards and best practices.
• Actively participate in the Governance process associated with technology standards.
• Stays up to date on latest technologies, open source projects and languages.
• Mentors and assists developers as they migrate to new technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
• Five years experience in software architecture and/or product development in an Object-Oriented environment
• Experience with AGILE methodologies, preferably SCRUM
• Experience with SOA standards, including SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD,XSLT, UDDI and WSI
• Five years experience in database design, development, normalization and use of Structured Query Language. Expertise with Oracle and MS SQL Server preferred.
• Experience with the enterprise service buses and integration brokers/middleware
• Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation and organization skills
• Working knowledge of version control systems, requirements management systems and incident tracking systems
• Three years experience and proficiency using UML and UML modeling tools • Five years experience with Web Development on J2EE platform
• Experience designing an enterprise application with financial auditing, contract management, enterprise workflow, business process integration, and perhaps asset management components
• Experience with design patterns in the creation of architectural deliverables.
• Experience with deploying J2EE rich and/or web client applications in a high-availability, clustered environment
• Exemplary general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middleware, etc.)
• Experience designing and implementing SaaS based applications
• Experience in estimating and measuring project velocity
• Excellent Written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions. • Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results.
Specific Expertise Requested Java, JSF, Icefaces, Spring, Hibernate, JBoss, WebSphere, Eclipse, Java Unit Testing tools, Oracle, MS SQL Server, TeamForge
Click to Apply