New platform capabilities transform health data into enhanced consumer engagement, addressing critical need to improve care coordination among all stakeholders
Wayne, Pa.—June 12, 2013—Medecision, a leader in connected care solutions, today announced the availability of Aerial™ Consumer Care, a powerful suite of data integration, data transportation and direct-to-consumer applications that enables plans and health delivery organizations to connect to their members, patients and consumer markets easily and quickly. As the industry strives to engage and empower consumers in their own healthy lifestyle, care and disease management, Aerial Consumer Care provides quick integration between core care management workflow and a multitude of consumer engagement points, including portals, mobile applications, remote biometric monitoring devices, and more. While Aerial Consumer Care can extend the power of any health management system, Medecision clients using the Aerial platform will benefit from these capabilities in an integrated fashion.
Aerial Consumer Care:
- Makes it easy for consumers to manage their own health in a way they’ve never been able to before—creating valuable virtual interactions during healthcare shopping and resource-seeking phases, as well as healthy lifestyle, care and disease management;
- Boosts program enrollment by giving consumers the ability to self-assess, seek resources and enroll to maintain and support their own health and care;
- Provides real-time, biometric health data from managed members and patients to inform and empower care management and coordination professionals;
- Proactively identifies high-risk patients requiring intervention, thereby lowering costs and improving outcomes.
Aerial Consumer Care features powerful new technologies to:
- Personalize member/patient portals with “Action Plans”—specific care plans for health improvement—and web-based self-assessment tools that feed into care management and coordination workflow;
- Provide personal Health Summaries, replete with comprehensive, longitudinal record data to improve care manager/coordinator performance and efficacy;
- Integrate remote monitoring applications and biometric devices into care management and care coordination workflow through a standard web-services-based API for efficient chronic disease management;
- Deploy Click-to-Chat integration to meet members and patients when and where they need support; and
- Integrate EmmiTM, the award-winning, web-based educational multimedia library with care management workflow.
A proven platform for connectivity, integration and insight is at the heart of the Aerial Consumer Care solution. Advancing technology verified at the IHE Connectathon annually since 2010, Medecision again confirmed the Aerial platform’s flexibility and seamless interoperability at the Health Datapalooza Code-a-palooza in Washington, D.C. last week. In just 44 hours, Team Medecision conceptualized, built, tested, and demonstrated a mobile app for community-based, physician-directed chronic care management—processing a 5% sample of a full year of Medicare part A and B claims—7 terabytes of data.
“Aerial Consumer Care will help fuel the next generation of population health management—marked by engaged consumers and powerful new technologies that integrate their information, preferences and care plans into the workflow systems of the providers and payers who care for them,” said Deborah M. Gage, president and CEO at Medecision. “With Aerial Consumer Care, plans and providers can meet consumers where and when they want to engage in their health—through methods familiar to them such as mobile devices, web searches and social networking,” she said.
All of these enhancements bolster Medecision’s comprehensive Aerial platform, which enables healthcare organizations to deploy profitable and effective population health management strategies to achieve the highest quality and most cost-efficient health outcomes.
The expanded Aerial platform was on display at the 2013 CAPG Healthcare Conference, June 6–9, 2013, in Los Angeles, and will be showcased at booth #15 at the Accountable Care Organization Summit, June 12–14, 2013, in Washington, D.C., and booth #435 atAmerica’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Institute 2013, June 12–14, 2013, in Las Vegas.