Managing Gaps in Care
Managing gaps in care
Mind the Gap to Mitigate Clinical and Financial Risk
Patients move. They move between inpatient and outpatient care settings. Between providers. Between different facilities and networks. This movement introduces risk into the care equation, and healthcare organizations must find ways to manage this risk to optimize reimbursement and improve care.
Reveal—and reduce—gaps in care
Care management programs can help providers zero in on clinical and financial risk caused by gaps in care and manage transitions properly. It’s a three-part process that requires organizations to:
- Put data to work to weave care management needs into workflows
- Monitor and measure performance to drive care quality higher and costs lower
- Get accurate metrics and analytics to understand usage trends and measure improvements
Medecision helps healthcare providers better manage care transitions and strengthen their care management programs with tools to:
- Identify high-risk and rising-risk patients to ensure they receive appropriate levels of care
- Create personalized care plans automatically, which can efficiently reduce variations in care
- Provide a full view of entire patient populations to help find care gaps for individual patients, so prevention and intervention programs can improve outcomes
- Apply risk models to lower the potential for readmissions and ED use
The result? Care management programs that minimize clinical and financial risk. In a fee-for-value world, that spells success.
MEDECISION’S ADVISORY SERVICES TEAM OFFERS EXPLORATORY ASSESSMENTS TO HELP YOU IDENTIFY OPTIONS AND STRATEGIES TO ACHIEVE CLINICAL AND FINANCIAL SUCCESS.