Medecision supports platform clients through transition to Aerial™
DALLAS, TX and DENVER, CO – October 3, 2017—Medecision, a category leader in population health management solutions for risk-bearing entities, announced today the acquisition of over 50 clients from AxisPoint Health. In this transaction, Medecision acquired the clients that currently use CCMS and VITAL, recently rebranded as AXIS. AxisPoint Health’s services businesses, including CarePoint, GuidePoint, and Analytix, are not included in this transaction and remain under management by AxisPoint Health.
This acquisition makes Medecision the largest independent provider of care management platforms and applications in the United States, now supporting over 50 million lives for nearly 100 of the nation’s leading health plans and care delivery organizations. AxisPoint Health’s platform clients join Medecision’s community of national and regional brands and population health pioneers, expanding the Company’s footprint and strengthening its presence in markets where risk-sharing arrangements and value-based contracting require insights-actionable workflow throughout the care ecosystem, all the way to consumers and their caregivers. Medecision currently serves health plans and care delivery organizations that manage population risk.
“We are committed to providing our new clients with a great customer experience on their current platform as well as a path to the benefits that Aerial clients enjoy–advanced functionality and value, a strong product roadmap, improved access to innovation and world-class data and security services,” said Deborah M. Gage, CEO and President at Medecision. “These software customers can now rapidly modernize their care management programs by migrating to the more fully featured and advanced Aerial platform and applications, proven to lower the total cost of operations and improve their ability to manage risk and care,” Gage continued. “We are excited to welcome a team of talented and dedicated employees into our community of hundreds of healthcare liberators.”
“I am thrilled that our platform clients now have a partner like Medecision,” said Christopher A. Long, President of AxisPoint Health. “Since the CCMS platform retirement announcement, many customers have asked about the critical enhancements and new functionality required for their programs. The demands of risk-bearing operations are only outpaced by the technological advancements critical to sustainability and security. Through their next-generation ecosystem, I believe Medecision offers our platform clients the best opportunity for today and going forward.”
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Aerial: A Premium Platform for Population Health Management
For almost a decade, Medecision has consistently invested in Aerial, strengthening its big data aggregation and insights management capabilities, increasing engagement throughout the care team, ensuring compliance with multiple programs and jurisdictional entities and helping users manage to quality and financial performance targets. Aerial operates in a big-data-platform-plus-apps mode, supported by the layering of a portfolio of workflow and engagement applications over robust services that push bi-directional, machine-learning-enriched intelligence to clinical and consumer users.
Aerial has become the standard bearer for population health management support across the payer and provider markets, and is recognized by several industry analysts. Medecision’s clients, which operate successful population health and care management programs nationally, rely on Aerial to succeed in multiple lines of business, with diverse populations and within various payment models and risk-sharing agreements.
Aerial’s Suite of Applications & Flexible Packaging Solve Pop Health’s Multidimensional Needs
In the past 18 months, Medecision has launched multiple platform assets and applications that complement our core products including Care, Utilization, and Disease Management, Network Management and Care Coordination. The latest releases include:
- Supporting all Aerial applications with powerful intelligence and analytics, Aerial’s big data platform and enterprise data warehouse provides the longitudinal, person-centric knowledge base required for personalized care and population health management as well as the insights on behavioral, physical and clinical dimensions that drive targeted workflow for optimal interventions, care plans and engagement.
- Population Analytics
- Predicts risk and directs interventions to avoid costly occurrences through analytics, risk models, visualizations and reporting.
- Health Summary™
- The most powerful, complete and actionable personal health record available. The Aerial Health Summary empowers members, and their care teams with a single comprehensive view of the patient’s medical care plan, risks, gaps and an up to the minute care view.
- Financial Performance Dashboards
- Provides actionable intelligence to make rapid and critical decisions in utilization, prescribing and dispensing and population stratification.
- Risk Score Manager™
- Enables providers to identify and close gaps critical to care and reimbursement, putting the management of HCC scoring, Star Ratings, HEDIS, P4P or other reimbursement programs in the clinicians’ hands.
- Appeals and Grievances™
- A leading solution to manage the complex workflows and tasks to optimize revenues, lower labor costs and comply with regulations related to the handling of appeals and grievances.
- Bundled Episode Manager™
- Supports more productive and efficient care coordination and revenue generation around specific clinical episodes of care, helping care navigators focus on risk identification, intervention and coordination across multiple settings.
- A social-mobile app that allows consumers to share their health status and care plan with their care community to improve consumer engagement and involve care-givers in virtual information sharing, thereby reducing the cost of care and improving clinical outcomes.
Medecision will also launch two new applications in its Fall 2017 release, including:
- Care Engagement™
- Improves engagement for optimal clinical outcomes and lowers care management costs through streamlined workflow that is accessible on mobile devices and can be used in “tethered” and “un-tethered” modes.
- UM Connector™
- Helps manage financial risk and Increases operational efficiencies by “webifying” and automating workflows, including monitoring, auditing, and oversight of Utilization and Network operations, while assisting with CMS and other compliance and regulatory requirements.
For more information, visit the announcement page here.