Dallas– February 13, 2018 – Medecision, the leader in care management and population health solutions for risk-bearing entities, announces that 2017 was another successful year in its drive toward developing the next generation of solutions for health plans and care delivery organizations. Together, the release of several applications on the Aerial™ platform and the acquisition of AxisPoint Health’s platform business this past October made Medecision the largest independent provider of care management platforms and applications in the United States. Additionally, Medecision has been recognized across the industry for its innovation and leadership in care management solutions.
The acquisition of AxisPoint Health’s platform business will provide these new Medecision customers with the ability to easily modernize their care management programs by upgrading to the advanced Aerial™ platform, helping lower the total cost of operation and improving their ability to manage risk and care.
Medecision also developed 10 new Aerial applications over the past 18 months that complement core products, including Care, Utilization and Disease Management. Aerial™ has set a higher standard for managing populations by allowing care teams to intervene and redirect patients and members to the best behaviors and outcomes while reducing cost. These new Aerial apps include:
- Insights™, which supports all Aerial applications with powerful intelligence and analytics.
- Advanced Population Analytics, which predicts risk and directs interventions to avoid costly occurrences through analytics, risk models, visualizations and reporting
- Health Summary™, which empowers members and their care teams with a single comprehensive view of the patient’s medical care plan, risks and gaps.
- Financial Performance Dashboards™, which provide actionable intelligence to make rapid and critical decisions in utilization, prescribing and dispensing behaviors, and population identification and stratification.
- Risk Score Manager™, which enables providers to identify and close gaps critical to care and reimbursement, putting the management of HCC scoring, Star Ratings, HEDIS, P4P or other reimbursement programs in the clinicians’ hands
- Appeals and Grievances™, a leading solution to manage the complex workflows and tasks to optimize revenues, lower labor costs and comply with regulations related to the handling of appeals and grievances
- Bundled Episode Manager™, which supports efficient care coordination and revenue generation around specific clinical episodes of care, helping care navigators focus on risk identification, intervention and coordination across multiple settings
- InCircle™, a social-mobile app that allows consumers to share their health status and care plan with their care community to improve consumer engagement and involve caregivers in virtual information sharing
Medecision will also launch two new applications built on the mobile-first Aerial framework in early 2018, including:
- A utilization management application that reduces manual authorizations and referral processes by as much as 50 percent and can save healthcare organizations up to $1.8 million a year in automated transactions
- An analytics-driven, dynamic care planning solution that provides care teams advanced capabilities to improve member engagement and drive better health outcomes
As a leading innovator and care management pioneer, Medecision’s efforts have been recognized this year with several acknowledgements and speaking sessions:
- 3rd year in a row with recognition on the Healthcare Informatics HCI100 list, which distinguishes the top 100 companies with highest revenue earned in the United States from healthcare IT products and services as the largest, most influential companies currently in healthcare.
- Ranking in the Top 50 of the 2017 IDC Health Insights HealthTech, which features the leading global information technology (IT) suppliers that derive more than one-third of their revenue from healthcare payer and/or provider institutions.
- During the 7th Annual GHCC Medicaid Summit panel, Tamara Cull and Dr. Don Casey discussed the importance of addressing social determinants to help improve overall healthcare quality for member populations.
- At the AHA Scientific Sessions 2017, Dr. Casey, a co-author, unveiled the new hypertension guidelines.
- At the CTAC Summit this past November, Tamara Cull spoke on “Developing a Patient Engagement Strategy for Your Community,” and Dr. Don Casey led a panel on “Applying Evidence for Advanced Illness Care.”
- Tamara Cull and Dr. Don Casey are kicking off 2018 with articles already published in Managed Healthcare Executive and the American Journal of Managed Care.
- Don Casey, lead co-author of the 2017 AHA/ACC High Blood Pressure Clinical Practice Guidelines will also be presenting at HiMSS 2018 where he will: 1. Review the major key points of the new guidelines. 2. Identify some key implications for quality improvement of care for patients with high blood pressure. 3. Examine implementation and results of national hypertension quality improvement initiatives.
“2017 has been a banner year for our company and our clients,” said Deborah M. Gage, CEO and President at Medecision. “Caring for some of the most complex, costliest populations isn’t easy, but our clients’ many accomplishments on this journey have inspired our growth and innovation this year. As we welcome many new faces to the Medecision family in 2018, including, very recently, our first client that transitioned from an AxisPoint Health platform to Aerial. We look forward to continuing to advance this mission together as we drive next-generation care management.”
Medecision continues to work hand in hand with some of the nation’s top risk-bearing organizations by providing advanced solutions and services that enable the best health outcomes for clinical teams, physicians, consumers and their caregivers. Medecision clients are driving quality patient-centered care at lower costs through their innovation care management programs.
Additionally, Medecision has continued to expand its clinical and data consulting focus to ensure its solutions and services are optimized to meet the highest standards of clinical quality. This year’s disciplinary expansion includes the launch of the Aerial Advisory Services to help healthcare organizations succeed in value-based contracting, risk management and optimizing management of the populations they serve, including Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare beneficiaries
Leading health plans and risk-bearing providers depend on Medecision’s cloud-based Aerial platform to deliver personalized, predictive and prescriptive decision support for their clinicians, physicians, consumers and their caregivers. Our next-generation care management applications leverage powerful insights and interoperability to connect and inform consumers and their care teams. The Aerial platform is generations ahead of EMR and traditional care management systems incorporating workflow-embedded analytics, evidence-based medical protocols, prescriptive care plans and a comprehensive electronic health record – all in a single view for care managers, consumers and their extended care team. We’re Liberating healthcare one cool app at a time! Learn more at medecisionwp.wpengine.com.