Company adds senior executive, consulting, sales and account management talent
WAYNE, PA– Dec. 3, 2014, Medecision, the leader in population health management solutions for risk-bearing entities, including provider- and payer-sponsored accountable care organizations, hospitals, integrated delivery networks, and commercial and government program-focused health plans, today announced the recent appointment of four executives to its leadership team. Together, the senior leaders, whose resumes include decades of experience from the industry’s most prominent health plan, provider and healthcare IT organizations, will play an instrumental role in helping Medecision and its customers fuel innovation as risk-bearing care delivery continues to transform the healthcare landscape.
The four executives, who moved into their new roles last month, include:
- Jennifer Ponski, chief administrative officer
- Augusta Kairys, senior vice president, market owner, health plans
- Greg Leder, senior vice president, sales and account management, health delivery solutions
- Mary Sirois, senior vice president, consulting and professional services
Healthcare veterans Ponski, Kairys, Leder and Sirois join during a period of growth and platform expansion at Medecision, driven by the industry’s need for advanced solutions and processes to better transition payers and providers to new shared-risk models that support enhanced clinical and financial outcomes and profitable population health management. Tapping into their years of direct experience on the front line of healthcare business and care delivery transformation, the executives will strengthen Medecision’s growth and enhance its ability to help payers and providers collaborate to overcome the clinical and financial challenges associated with managing risk.
“We are thrilled to welcome these new members to our growing team at a time when our market and customers face significant pressures for business and clinical transformation, ranging from the rise of consumerism to more stringent regulation,” said Deborah M. Gage, president and CEO, Medecision. “Progressive risk-bearing healthcare organizations are eager to embrace technology to achieve the Triple Aim for the populations they serve, and we’re confident these esteemed healthcare veterans will help us continue to enhance our highly-connected, insight-driven Aerial™ platform as we guide our customers through their accountable care journeys.”
- Jennifer Ponski, chief administrative officer, is responsible for the executive leadership of Medecision’s financial, legal, compliance, accreditation and facilities organizations. Ponski’s significant experience providing executive oversight of government beneficiary management as the former CFO of Advantage Health Solutions, Inc., a health plan with commercial and Medicare Advantage membership, and as CFO at Truven Health Analytics (formerly Medstat) will be invaluable to Medecision as the company’s customer base and platform continues to expand and diversify.
- Augusta Kairys, senior vice president, market owner, health plans, will define emerging market requirements and guide the company’s overarching health plan strategy and solution packaging. She brings to Medecision more than 20 years of experience providing strategic direction for provider-facing technology applications at Highmark, Inc., one of the nation’s most progressive and well-known health plans. Having worked closely to unite health plan and provider initiatives while at Highmark, Kairys will leverage her expertise to ensure Medecision’s technologies are equipped with the transformative capabilities which today’s collaborative healthcare market demands.
- Greg Leder, senior vice president, sales and account management, health delivery solutions, is leading all care provider-related sales and account teams at Medecision to further strengthen the company’s penetration into the provider market. After more than 30 years working for some of the most well-known healthcare IT vendors in the industry, including Elsevier, Cerner and Eclipsys (now Allscripts), Leder’s deep understanding of providers’ technology needs will help Medecision continue to deliver innovations that help providers profitably improve patient care.
- Mary Sirois, senior vice president, consulting and professional services, is taking the helm at Medecision’s integrated enterprise professional services division, which will include business transformation consulting for all of Medecision’s customers. Sirois joins Medecision with a strong background in operational and strategic planning for providers, having spent nearly 25 years helping large and small health systems, including Baylor Health Care System, achieve organizational goals. Sirois’s years of experience in guiding providers through the journey from fee-for-service to value-based care will be integral as she helps Medecision’s clients navigate the operational challenges of today’s healthcare environment.