IDC MarketScape touts AerialTM platform’s real-time analytics, care management capabilities to power population health programs
WAYNE, PA – Nov. 14, 2016 Medecision, the leader in population health management and connected care solutions for risk-bearing entities, has been named as a major player in the population health management technology space in the IDC MarketScape: U.S. Population Health Management 2016 Vendor Assessment . This is the company’s second year receiving this recognition from IDC, showcasing Medecision’s continued growth and support for the provider market to develop and execute results-driven population health management programs.
IDC defines population health management as “functionality to identify populations at risk or predicted to be at future risk, as well as provider performance measurement, the ability to create and monitor care plans, and the ability to communicate with communities of patients, as well as individual patients.” The IDC MarketScape: U.S. Population Health Management 2016 Vendor Assessment provides a comprehensive review of population health vendors, assessing companies against the following criteria identified as essential components of population health management technology:
- Analytics to identify and stratify patients and present data to providers about workflow and performance
- Workflow capabilities that enable the development of interventions at the patient and campaign levels
- Tools to engage patients in care plans
- Technology installed in healthcare provider organizations, including hospital or physician group practices
- Referenceable clients that are using the above functionality either on a single platform or through integration
IDC commends Aerial™, Medecision’s platform and applications for population health management, for helping some of the largest and most innovative provider organizations realize population health management success. IDC specifically recognized Aerial for:
- Big data aggregation and real-time analytics to power intervention and engagement
- Extensive portfolio of care management technology
- Customized programs tailored to client needs and maturity
“With as many as 75 percent of providers participating in population health efforts in 2016, they must have technology to support their unique, complex, and most costly patient populations,” said Deborah M. Gage, president and CEO, Medecision. “The significance of IDC’s recognition is two-fold for our company: it validates the development efforts we’ve pursued over the last few years for the Aerial platform, as well as showcases the success of this technology within our growing client base to help providers better manage clinical and financial risk while optimizing patient outcomes.”
Earlier this month, Medecision announced the company has been named in Gartner’s “Market Guide for Healthcare Provider Population Health Management Platforms” as one of the top-ranked population health management platforms for providers because of its technology that supports all 10 identified core areas of population health management programs.