- Who We Are
- Personal Information Defined
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information We Collect
- Protection of Your Personal Information
- How to Update Your Personal Information
- How to Opt Out of Direct Marketing
- Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
- Other Websites
- Children’s Privacy
- “Do Not Track” Signals
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Business Transactions
- How to Contact Us
Who We Are
We are a technology and consulting company providing solutions primarily to the healthcare management industry. We offer our services only to entities and individuals in the United States of America.
Personal Information Defined
Personal Information We Collect
Depending upon how you use our sites, our sites may collect your first and last name, job title, employer name, your work email, any applicable username and password, responses to assessments, quizzes, and surveys, and information you provide in any support ticket or other communication to us. In certain circumstances, we may accept resumes and other employment related information from job applicants. Like most sites, we also collect browser-provided information including IP address, browser type, and time/date stamps of visits.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information when you visit our websites and submit the information in an online form, to set up a log-in, to send us inquiries, and to register for events. As discussed above, browser-provided information is collected when you visit our sites.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information in the following instances:
- To respond to your inquiries,
- To provide you with content you have requested;
- To administer our website and your account;
- To understand what features of our sites are most popular;
- To identify users who may need additional training or support;
- To send you information that we believe may interest you;
- To invite you to provide feedback on our website;
- To consider you for employment, if you have applied for a position with us;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, and development; and
- As deemed necessary to protect our legal rights and our property, to protect other users or any third party, or to prevent personal injury or loss.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Service Providers: We share Personal Information with third party suppliers, contractors and agents who perform services for us, such as marketing assistance and data analytics. Those third parties only have access to the Personal Information they need to provide services to us, or to you on our behalf.
- To Protect Medecision: We release Personal Information as we believe necessary and appropriate to law enforcement, tax, fraud prevention, credit risk agencies and other related organizations, and as required by applicable law or pursuant to a court, administrative, or similar order.
Protection of Your Personal Information
We have implemented appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Information from loss, misuse, interference, and unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure, please understand that no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed.
We securely destroy your Personal Information within a reasonable time after it is no longer needed for business purposes.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you, You are responsible for keeping all passwords that allow you to access certain parts of our sites confidential.
How to Update Your Personal Information
If you believe that Personal Information we have about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct the Personal Information by Contacting Us.
How to Opt Out of Direct Marketing
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails or by Contacting Us.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on computers, tablets, mobile phones, and any device used to browse the Internet, capable of storing navigation information for statistical or functional purposes. Some cookies may be used to recognize the user viewing a particular website, make navigation easier, and customize the content. For example, cookies allow us to remember your actions and preferences so that you do not have to re-enter information each time you visit our site or navigate to another page.
You can set your browser to accept or reject the setting of all or certain cookies, or to request to be notified when a cookie is set. Each browser has specific configuration instructions. However, please be aware that the blocking of cookies may have the effect that you will not be able to use all of our website’s functions.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
Social Media: Our website may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, LinkedIn, or other social media or related connections. These companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our website, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
We are not responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our website.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., to improve the user experience. Google Analytics helps us determine the number of visitors to our website and helps us understand how users find our site. Google Analytics may record your geographical location, device, internet browser, operating system, and IP address. If you do not want to be tracked by Google Analytics on our Website, you can opt out at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on our website or send any Personal Information about yourself to us in any way. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that Medecision has obtained information about a child under the age of 13, please Contact Us.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Medecision does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals.
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Business Transactions
Medecision may decide to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize our business. If that occurs, you will be notified via e-mail or a prominent notice on our websites of any ownership change and any changes in the use of your Personal Information. These types of transactions may involve the disclosure of Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. We seek appropriate protection for Personal Information in these types of transactions.
For Nevada Residents Only: Effective October 1, 2019, Nevada law gives consumers in Nevada the right to restrict certain businesses from selling certain Personal Information to third parties if those third parties will license or sell such personal information to additional third parties. To exercise this right, please click here,
How to Contact Us
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your Personal Information, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
This policy was last updated on 9/18/2020